Amazon Celt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amazon Celt

This forum is related to the Amazon Celt RP SIM in Second Life

HomeAmazon CeltLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tidings from Nubia

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BJ Tunwarm
Admin
BJ Tunwarm

Character sheet
RP Character: Warrior
Health:
Tidings from Nubia Left_bar_bleue50/50Tidings from Nubia Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Tidings from Nubia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tidings from Nubia   Tidings from Nubia Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 9:55 am

From a scroll sent to me by the Vizier of Nubia.

Coming out from sorrow and Darkness.
There is a Month sorrow for both the Death of one of the most revered Priestess of the Empires and the destruction of the capital City Napata. A person's death Funerary customs comprise the complex of beliefs and practices used by the Nubian culture to remember the dead, Given the state of the city, various makeshift monuments, replete with prayers, and rituals was undertaken in the honor of the Priestess/Oracle.. In spite of the emotional effect of what happen. Still the workers of Anubis and associated artisans were able to make a sarcophagus made of various other stones, of black basalt, red granite, and alabaster. The Priestess epitaph that was place upon her sarcophagus was written as follows.
- “I have given water to [them] that was thirsty, and clothing to [those] that was naked. I have done harm to no man."
The devastation of the city was total. Fires still sought life in the air. People; homeless still wander the streets in shock. Looking for love ones. Making solemn preparations to bury their beloved dead. Much of buildings; Houses, Temples, Government buildings now are mounds of blacken ash. The death toll it estimated to reach 45% of the population.

The Vizier had gathered many of the surviving magistrates, Bureaucrats, Builders, and Artisans to begin the long and arduous rebuilding of the city. Commandeering the Farmers to double their effort to bring the fields back. Or there are still those who still need to eat to fortify the energy and muscle that will b e task to build the city back up over the following years. At the same time, he meets with the Medjay who were an elite Force that kept the peace throughout the empires. Given that one of their key responsibilities was to protect Royal Buildings, Temples. That was hold dear to the Nubian culture He presented them this opportunity to redeem their failure for not being as effective and protect those who rely upon them. Moreover, to avenge the Nubian empire. The Vizier assign to the Medjay Commander to take the best of their ranks. Search far and wide throughout the Known world with the sole quest to find this Pestilence that laid such waste to their city and destroy them all. Find the Ancient source of this beast. Kill it. Drain it of all of its blood. Take out its heart and bring it back so the Gods Anubis he will be Deciding the weight of it demonic actions by weighing the Heart While also burring it blond for all eternity.

After a dark month of funeral rites and ceremonies honoring the dead and the Oracle. Activities s is abound in the process of rebuilding. Coming are form the city. Drape in the colors that represent the God Anubis. Three legions of Medjay warriors march with a slow melodic cadence one heading west, another North, and the thirds to the east. Few turning to looking back at their city some for the last time for they know that they can never return until they come back with was has been demanded. For many their lives will end on some foreign land or in a warrior honored march back through the streets of Napata. Either on their feet or in some Funeral jars.
Back to top Go down
BJ Tunwarm
Admin
BJ Tunwarm

Character sheet
RP Character: Warrior
Health:
Tidings from Nubia Left_bar_bleue50/50Tidings from Nubia Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Tidings from Nubia Empty
PostSubject: Tidings from Nubia   Tidings from Nubia Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:52 pm

Sisters and friends,

Last night to unravel the mystery of the rose our chieftainess Elketra Fride and our Priestess Vyktoria Silvercloud lead us on the long road to the holy city of Napata in Nubia and to the temple Amun, their most holiest oracle. There amidst clouds of incense and walls painted with gold the priestess-oracle called The Eye of Amun took our question and placed it before these foreign gods. In reply they gave us this prophecy.

Quote :
"Her ribs the frame of the soot dark tent of night, the dead goddess eyes weep by ancient dug rivers.
The woodpecker flies, at the warrior king's command.Now she sees the shining man killers.
Flee fools! The gods walk the land! And many a mother shall weep!"

All know the gods disdain speaking directly with us mortals but chose to speak in metaphors. I know "shining man killers" is us. Shining is what "celt" means in the old tongue and the Greeks some times call us "the man killers". But what does the rest mean? The talk of woodpeckers caught my attention, for I have seen many of these birds lately on the land.

As we all debated meaning of this message a wolf who seemed more man than animal attacked us and attacked us in the middle of the city. Quickly we slew it. Were this wolf came from I do not know, I was always told there are no wolves in Egypt. The Aye of Amun said it traveled with us. Then a dragon with three heads appeared before us at the gate of the Temple of Amun. This marvel claimed it was sent by "The One" who demanded the oracle stop and attempted to bribe her with offers of great riches. The Eye of Amun refused to apostate from her god so the three headed beast bit at her. We fought with with it and slew it. Then before our eyes the corpse of dragon burst into flames and vanished into smoke.

Tidings from Nubia Snapsh11

After this we assumed our challenges were over and made ready to leave when a second dragon flew in. It was enormous beast, the size of a war galley. It's wings blocked the stars in the night sky and is vomited fire over Napata. We fired our arrows at the beast, but it was like shooting at the very mountains. Flames engulfed the city and we retreated to the temple. There, to our collective horror, we found the The Eye of Amun lying dead in the rubble of the city.

Tidings from Nubia Snapsh12

Oh how the Nubians wailed in their grief for the destruction of their city. I, Bejonias daughter of Janus, stood dumbfounded in horror. I have seen many a city laid waste by armies, but not by a single creature. We all wept over the body of the poor oracle as the Nubians vowed the direst revenge upon the creator who calls himself "The One" and all of his bread.

Tidings from Nubia Snapsh15

And next to her body, I found a single woodpecker feather.

With that last omen we returned to our land to consider our next action.
Back to top Go down

Tidings from Nubia
Page 1 of 1